Bed Way Grinding
If your machine can't keep tolerance because of wear on bed ways, but still has a solid structure, do not rush to buy a new one.
Main reasons to restore your older/worn out machine.
- The major price difference between new machine and rebuilding.
- The machine will be installed back in the same place.
- Operator familiarity with the machine.
- Tolerance will be back as on a new machine.
- Hard to get the same rigid machine. Newer machines usually do not offer the same solid casting as older machines.
Stanko 7612 (Capacity)
- Width: 1600mm
- Height: 1400mm
- Length: 6000mm
- Weight: 30,000lbs
Q: How long will it take to grind the bed?
A: Grinding itself usually takes about a week, depends on bed size. After grinding, carriage needs to scrape to fit new bed ways profile, and often we need to apply tur-cite material on the bottom of the carriage to compensate height. The usual rebuild will take 3 - 6 weeks.
Q: How much grinding/rebuilding cost?
A: Bedway grinding varies from $600 to $1500/linear foot depend on wear and complicity. Smaller and simple manual machine average price to rebuild is about $15,000. Medium size CNC flatbed lathe from $35,000. Please contact us for a quote.